Going on exchange abroad is certainly an enriching experience. But it is also an adventure in which students may encounter some difficulties and challenges. A successful exchange requires integration on the social and cultural level. And who knows best about the local culture? A local student of course! This is exactly what the buddy program is about: to offer international students the possibility to get to know someone from the respective country. A buddy will help with specific issues, be the host of Switzerland and perhaps a friend for life.
And what does the buddy program offer to local students? The possibility of internationalisation at home and to foster the integration of international students into the local community.
A buddy will help international students to get around in Lucerne by
- Helping with the search of an accommodation
- Going on a tour through the city of the Kapellbrücke, climbing the mount of Pilatus, enjoying beautiful sunny days at the lake of Lucerne and much more
- Helping with any administrative issues
- Participating on events and activities of ESN Luzern throughout of the semester
ESN Luzern matches local students with international students through the website buddysystem.eu. So apply NOW* on the website and you will soon meet your buddy of Lucerne!
* The registration deadline for both the exchange students as well as the local students/buddies/mentors is the 13th of September 2021 for the fall/first semester of 2021.
** Important for spring 2022/second semester of 2021: The registration timeline will change with the spring semester 2022, meaning the registration deadline will only be open during December for the mentioned semester!
- To ensure a good matching, we require you to fill out your profile on buddysystem.eu as thorough as possible.
- Choose the right semester with these handy tips:
- The first semester is always from September to January and the second semester always starts from January and lasts until July
- Unlike the calendar year the year on buddysystem.eu always starts with the first semester.
- Ex.: Choosing the first semester 2019-2020 means that you are registered for the autumn/fall semester starting September 2019 and ending January 2020. By choosing the second semester of 2019-2020 you're registered for the spring semester starting January 2020 and ending July 2020.
In case of any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org